If you want a closer look--click on the picture or collage

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Friends Just Make You Smile

So on the 30th we were all packed back up and headed North. The kids were so excited to see our friends in Kansas City and I will admit--So was I. I had not seen them since our trip to Cabo and the kids hadn't seen each other since our trip in June. Jordyn needed a Lydia fix!! She had been surrounded by boys since December 26th was on testosterone overload. It seemed that all the kids disappeared the moment we got there. They were inseperable. Jake and Landon hung out and played their new games, Jordyn and Lydia did their girl things, Jackson floated between the two and Elaina was sad because she had to work. The adults went out for dinner that Wednesday night as we had done the year before. What a wonderful evening we had. Several of us got a little crazy--I won't name names. It is great to have friends that even when you don't see each other for 6 months,you can pick right back up and feel right at home.

So it is New Years Eve Day. I head off to have a lunch with my wonderful friend Donna. Time flies and before we know it, our quick lunch is 2 1/2 hours long. There was never a pause in our chat as we filled each other in on our busy lives and enjoyed each others company. I was so in need for a nap that day, but I didn't want to let a moment of our time with friends to go to waste. Jeff and Vickie and Dwight and Phyllis opened their home and welcomed my sister's family this year. Family and friends--it doesn't get any better.

The evening was spent at the Parker home. Jeff and Vickie have always gone to Vickie's sister's house, so they came and started the evening with us and then headed out. Again, the laughter filled the house. Wine bottles were opened, the captain was served, the kids drank fancy drinks and yummy smells filled the air.

(more pics to be added later)

No comments: